Directions to UNCW
(GPS: Wilmington, NC 28403)
Click here for a .pdf version
of the directions below, as well as information about lodging and restaurants.
- From Raleigh (ca 2 and ¼ hours + stops):
- Take I-40 East
- This will turn into College Rd. after exit 420
- Turn left onto Randall Dr. (about 3 miles up)
- Drive ¼ of a mile and turn right @ blue and teak water tower and traffic light
- Turn right again into parking behind Bear Hall
- From Jacksonville (ca 1 hour):
- Take US-17 Business South
- Continue onto US-17 South
- Exit onto US-17 Business South/Market St.
- Turn right onto Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway (towards US-74
West/Wilmington/Downtown); drive about 1/4 of a mile in left lane
- Take first left onto College Rd and drive about 1 and ½ mile.
- Turn left onto Randall Dr and go about ¼ mile (pass Bear Hall on your right)
- Turn right at UNCW blue and teal water tower and traffic light
- Make a second right into NCRSA complementary parking lot behind Bear Hall
- From Charlotte (3 and ½ hours + stops):
- Take US-74 East/Andrew Jackson Highway
- Continue onto I-74 East
- Continue onto US-74 East/Andrew Jackson Highway
- Continue onto US-76 East (over Cape Fear Memorial Bridge)
- Turn right onto Oleander Dr. (76 becomes Oleander Dr.) go East about 3 ½ miles
- Turn left onto College Rd and drive about 1 mile to UNCW
- Turn right onto Randall Dr (the third and last entrance to UNCW campus)
- On Randal dr. go ¼ mile to blue and Teal UNCW water tower /traffic light and
- Make a second right into NCRSA complementary parking behind Bear Hall. Follow
sign to conference
- From Boone:
- Take US-421 South/East King St.
- Take exit 238 to merge onto I-40 East
- Follow signs for I-40 East (sometimes I-85 North)
- I-40 East will turn into College Rd after Ex 420. Drive another 3 miles
- Turn left onto Randall Dr and go ¼ mile to blue and teal water tower.
- Turn right at Tower and traffic light. Make second right into NCRSA
complementary parking behind Bear Hall.
- From Greenville (ca 2 hours + stops):
- Take North Carolina 11 South/South Memorial Drive
- Turn right onto North Carolina 11 Business/East Vernon Drive
- Turn left onto North Carolina 11 Business/North Carolina 58 South/North Queen
- Turn right onto North Carolina 11 South/West King St/Old Pink Hill Rd.
- Turn left onto North Carolina 241 South/North Front St.
- Continue onto North Carolina 111 South/North Jackson St.
- Continue onto North Carolina 41 South
- Merge onto I-40 East
- This will turn into College Rd South (after EX 420) towards UNCW (drive about 3
- Turn left onto Randall Dr @ intersection into UNCW, and follow parking
Parking behind Bear Hall:
Once on Randal Drive, go about ¼ of a mile (pass Bear Hall on your right) to the
traffic light at blue and teal UNCW water tower, and turn right; then make a
second right into the parking lot behind Bear Hall. Follow signs into Bear Hall
to NCRSA Conference.
What if I get lost and have no GPS?
Call Prof. Murrell @ 910-620-9062 (mobile); or Philosophy/Religion Dept @